Get Caught Up
April 21, 2003 11:35 PM
Let's get all caught up, shall we? For those of you who are keeping track of the saga that is Chris and Gwyneth, read on. For those of you who are not, feel free to go ahead and skip this paragraph. Seems the media is tied in knots as usual, as TeenHollywood.com is reporting that Chris and Gwyneth recently had a "row" at Coldplay's end-of-tour party in London. Apparently Gwyneth wanted to leave, and when Chris refused to escort her she fumed, pushing people out of the way as she made her exit. Then there's the Sydney Morning Herald, however, reporting that Martin and Paltrow may be spending a "mid-year break" down under. We'll see how things pan out...
In case you missed the news, Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" knocked The White Stripes from the top spot on the UK album charts this week as it regained the #1 slot. Quite a feat for an album that was released about 8 months ago. It will be interesting to see how long they can hold the coveted spot.
Chris, Jonny and Will recently took part in an interview with BBC 6's Andrew Collins. To hear all 5 bits of the interview (in RealAudio format), just click here, here, here, here and here.
And finally, the band is taking a much-deserved month off after quite an extensive touring stint. Don't worry though, the band is going to be busy all summer long. Frankly, I'm not sure how they do it, given how much energy they put into each and every show. We won't question it, though, as we're the ones that benefit from it. In case you're wondering what they've got on tap this summer, here's a full rundown, courtesy of Pollstar:
- May 20 - Edmonton, AB (Shaw Conference Centre)
- May 21 - Calgary, AB (Pengrowth Saddledome)
- May 23 - Vancouver, BC (General Motors Place)
- May 24 - George, WA (The Gorge)
- May 25 - Bend, OR (Les Schwab Amphitheater)
- May 27 - Boise, ID (Bank Of America Centre)
- May 28 - Marysville, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
- May 30 - Mountain View, CA (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
- May 31 - Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood Bowl)
- June 2 - Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood Bowl)
- June 3 - San Diego, CA (Cox Arena)
- June 5 - Morrison, CO (Red Rocks Amphitheatre)
- June 6 - Morrison, CO (Red Rocks Amphitheatre)
- June 9 - Chicago, IL (UIC Pavilion)
- June 6 - Cleveland, OH (Tower City Amphitheatre)
- June 11 - Toronto, ON (Molson Amphitheatre)
- June 13 - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)
- June 20 - Scheesel, GER (Hurricane Festival)
- June 20 - Neuhasen, GER (Southside Festival)
- June 27 - Roskilde, DEN (Roskilde Festival)
- June 29 - Werchter, BEL (Rock Werchter Festival)
- July 1 - Nijmegen, NET (Goffert Park)
- July 3 - Kristiansand, NOR (Quart Festival)
- July 13 - Kinross, UK (Balado)
- August 16 - Chelmsford, UK (Hylands Park)
- August 17 - Staffordshire, UK (Weston Park)
Permalink | Viewed 1294 times.
Fan Dedication Leads to Tears
April 16, 2003 11:11 PM
A fan of British rock group Coldplay was stunned when she heard lead singer Chris Martin dedicate a song to her at their concert last month.
Nicky Sheehy, 27, had been battling cancer and found that the In My Place band's music helped her through her difficult time.
She says, "Coldplay's music was uplifting and inspired me to think there was a future. Chris Martin's voice helped me chase away my troubles."
She regularly logged on to the band's website, where she then told her online pals she had gone into remission.
Unbeknownst to Nicky, however, internet friend Andy Ledder secretly asked the band to dedicate her favorite song Everything's Not Lost to her, when she went to see the band at London's Royal Albert Hall.
At the concert in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust, Nicky gasped when Chris said, "This is for Nicky" as he began singing the track.
And the next day, the website confirmed that the dedication was indeed meant for her.
She says, "I cried so much. The dedication made me feel really special."
Permalink | Viewed 1323 times.
Live Review from Noize
April 14, 2003 1:29 AM
Won wrote in earlier this week from Germany to tell me that there's a big live review over at Noize.cc that is worth a read. Unfortunately, my German isn't as good as it used to be so I had to settle for checking out the great pictures and reading a very strange, English translation. Nevertheless the review is great and the photos are a must-see, so check it out.
Permalink | Viewed 1203 times.
Happy Birthday, Guy!
April 12, 2003 12:28 AM
A 'happy birthday' goes out to Guy Berryman, who turns 25 today (April 12th).
Permalink | Viewed 1321 times.
Chris Martin / Radiohead B-Side
April 01, 2003 8:51 PM
Many of you have probably already heard quite a bit about Radiohead's upcoming album, "Hail to the Thief." Well, turns out Chris Martin was slated to appear on one of the album's tracks, but due to a conflict with tour scheduling he was only able to record backing vocals on a non-album track.
Nonetheless, Chris Martin now appears in what most people would consider an earth-shattering collaboration, having recorded a song called "Neptune and the Blues" with the one and only supergroup, Radiohead.
Oh, and guess whose site is the only one with access to the exclusive track? You guessed it, Bernie's Coldplay Site. For more information on the collaboration and the download link, click here.
Permalink | Viewed 1452 times.