San Francisco Setlist & Review
Originally posted on September 10, 2002 2:11 AM
Denise Nazzal was kind enough to send in her review of Coldplay's San Francisco show at The Greek on Friday. She reported the following:
"Friday's show was phenomenal. The greek theater is a beautiful, intimate venue, and chris said that he was loving performing in this "situation". I did not take down an exact setlist, but i do know that he played the following in no particular order:"
- Spies (This is my favorite Coldplay song of all time it is so eerie and sensual! They did a different intro to this song that had very mysterious qualities.)
- Green Eyes (A beautiful acoustic version with just Chris and Jonny and their guitars. Chris made some funny comments before playing the song that one day when Coldplay is no longer together, we may see them playing in some casino lounge in Vegas)
- The Scientist
- Don't Panic
- God Put a Smile Upon Your Face
- Everything's Not Lost (A beautiful, extended version of this song in which he had the audience sing at the end)
- Trouble (Chris also had the audience sing along to this song the "they spun a web for me" part. It was amazing!)
- Life is for Living (I believe they ended with this one)
- In My Place (Towards the end of this song, Chris wanted to run around the stage, but his microphone cord got stuck, and the tech guy couldn't fix it. Chris made some sort of comment like "it's ok, leave it alone" but i couldn't quite catch it)
Thanks for the great review, Denise!
Coldplay also played Las Vegas on Saturday night, San Diego tonight, and is scheduled to play The Greek in Los Angeles tomorrow night. If anyone went (or is going) to these shows and can send in even a semi-setlist or semi-review it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again to those who have committed themselves to later shows!
Viewed 1535 times. | Back to News